Saturday 8 November 2014

Day 444: Another guide to candles

Last week I painstakingly researched candles for my post illuminating (ha. see what I did there?) how obsessed Sweden is with the things. At the bottom I sarcastically added that people should tell me about all the candles I IGNORANTLY missed out.

Well, apparently I missed a few.


So before I get hunted down by the Swedish population and slapped to death with herrings, or stoned  with meatballs, or locked in an IKEA and forced to make flatpacks until my fingers fall off and my brain bleeds, here are a few more candles!

PRISMALJUS (prism-shaped candle)
Why have regular when you can have angular?

    GILLELJUS (block candle)
IT'S JUST A FRIKKIN' BLOCKLJUS!














KUPELJUS (fat pillar candle)

For when a regular pillar candle leaves you unsatisfied

GRAVLJUS (grave candle)
For candles in the wind

ALTARLJUS (altar candle)
Priests like them long and long
lasting

ANTIKLJUS (olden-day candle)
A long, rounded candle for those who like it olden-day style

KALENDERLJUS (calendar candle)
If you can't figure out what this is for then you don't deserve to know

TÅRTLJUS (cake candle)
Blow them real good!
ANDAKTSLJUS (church candle)
Because there aren't already enough candles for the church
 DOPLJUS (baptism candle)
Aka. burn your newborn's face - aw how lovely!
LAMPETT (mirror sconce)
SCONCE an English word none of us use enough.
JULGRANSLJUS (christmas tree candle)
Nothing says Christmas like waking up to a burnt down house
SNÖLYKTA (snow lantern)
no house? no money? no candles? Swedes find a way (candles are IMPORTANT)

I've officially had enough of candles now. Far too much of my precious brain space is taken up with knowing candle names in Swedish. But I will say this: the Swedish company Liljeholmens has so fucking many candles I could write about 50 blog posts. If you REALLY NEED MORE CANDLES you bunch of weirdos, ask them.

http://www.liljeholmens.se/

No comments:

Post a Comment